Luke Neville from Australia and his brother panicked when Bella the Pug went missing after the front door had been left open.
They searched the area and posted a picture on Facebook.
A friend saw a “Found Dog” sign and contacted the finder. Since the found dog was a Pug, the friend with the best intentions picked the dog up and dropped it at Neville’s home. When Neville got home from a search, he started patting Bella before realizing that “something was off.” He named the dog “Not Bella.”
It seems the real Bella had been picked up and was waiting at the shelter.
“Not Bella” found her owner too when the owner visited Neville and identified the dog.
More news from the World of the Pug
In Meridian, Idaho Jaxon the Pug was recently named the “Hometown Hero” for saving his owners from a house fire. This is the first time a four-legged hero has been chosen.
Sparks flew out of an outlet in their home but the humans, Mikaela Sebres and Todd Lavoie, didn’t notice. Jaxon, the couple’s 11-year-old Pug took action.
"Dogs have different kinds of barks, so he has his 'somebody's at the door' bark and then he has his 'holy crap something's happening' bark," Sebres said.
Lavoie rushed to the source of the sparks, knocked down the flames with a fire extinguisher and called the fire department.
Jaxon did not just become Meridian's first animal to ever receive the "Hometown Hero Award." He also earned an official probationary firefighter badge, challenging firehouse Dalmatians nationwide.
I don't think Pugs will ever become the firehouse dogs, however.