- The earth revolves around the sun
- Gravity keeps us from dropping off the earth
- Chlorophyll makes plants green
- The North Pole is cold
- Cats are independent
Researchers at Uppsala University in Sweden believe that wolves evolved into domestic dogs by hanging around pre-historic human settlements eating the garbage. After 33,000 years today’s dogs possess genes for digesting carbohydrates and can thrive quite nicely eating a diet of human food. Source
Some implications of this research may be:
- Dogs love pizza
- Dogs prefer the garbage can to premium dog food
- Some dogs eat broccoli; others don’t
- Some human food makes dogs sick
- Dogs are beggars and scavengers
- Some dogs get fat
Obviously further academic study is needed.
Your (and Sweden's) tax dollars at work.