Wallace and Gromit's World of Invention is a BBC show that explores all kinds of scientific wonders in a fast paced, humorous way. The shows may be made for kids, but they will fascinate and educate adults too.
The animated doughfaced Wallace and his floppy eared sidekick pup, Gromit, introduce each segment.
Featured are some of the world’s greatest minds and innovations and some of the deservedly obscure ones. Wallace introduces the history of some of the ideas and inventions that have changed the world, as well as some of the world’s greatest flops.
Among the segments are:
- Historic attempts to build robots to do household chores and menial tasks
- How Nature's plants and animals provide the inspiration for some of the world’s most important inventions
- An amateur rocket builder fulfills a lifetime dream by launching a rocket into outer space
- A lollipop and a video camera can help the blind to see
- How movie star Hedy Lamar’s wartime invention contributed to the development of the mobile phone
- Why bumblebees may someday replace sniffer dogs in seeking out explosives
- A refrigerator designed by Einstein
- A laser powered aircraft that could change forever the way humans will be flying
- An uneducated African teenager builds a windmill from junk and improves the lives of his village by providing electricity
Inventions, ideas, gadgets, contraptions are all here in this six-part series that celebrates people who have followed their dreams and made the world a better place. And others who have followed their dreams and made the world a funnier place.
Wallace & Gromit's World of Invention DVD is now available in stores or from Amazon. (See sidebar)