That’s just what Victoria, a Doberman Pinscher from Vancouver, Washington did, not once but twice. The first fire was minor, but the second about a week later happened when the owner, Caroline Wheeler, was not home. This fire gutted the apartment and caused about a hundred thousand dollars worth of damage.
Fire fighters were able to rescue Victoria and another dog named Wiley.
Since the stove is a total loss, Wheeler is considering replacing it one that is harder for a dog to turn on.
Seems like a good plan.